Roses are not flowering! - Knowledgebase Question

bronx, Ne
Question by miriday
I planted 2 HD Knock Out Roses and 2 Sunblaze miniature roses, 5 weeks ago. I've watered them daily, added a bit of lime[ since their planted near an evergreen] and fertilized.But no roses!
Receiving full sun. Help we need roses this summer!
Would using a liquid fertilizer semi weekly help? What about applieing more lime?

0

You can try using a bloom booster type fertilizer or a fertilizer formulated especially for roses. Either will provide the phosphorous needed to encourage flowering. As long as the roses look otherwise healthy, applying lime won't make a difference in their growth or flowering. Sometimes excessive heat will slow or stop flower production but the plants will cycle out of this on their own and will begin to flower when conditions are just right. In the meantime, feed with a rose food - in amounts and with the frequency as recommended on the label. I'm sure your roses will begin flowering for you soon!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Textures"