My trees - Knowledgebase Question

Rego Park, Ne
Question by kenbytan
To Whom It May Concern:
How can I know my Pinus Vanderfolfs needs water, especially in winter Time? it's potted. Does it needs any plant food?
I plan to put a shrub emerald green arborvitae (smaragd) on my balcony too. It's good to be potted? Does it needs any plant food?
Thank you so much!
Sincerely,
New York Ken Tan

0

Although they don't grow much in the winter time, all plants need moist soil all year around. You can simply water your pine and arborvitae every 10 days to two weeks during the winter months. Don't feed your plants in the winter, though. Wait until you see new growth in the spring and then feed with a half strength dilution of a water soluable fertilizer such as Peter's or Miracle Gro. Feed every 2-3 weeks with this solution all spring and summer long and your plants will get the nutrients they need without the fear of overfertilizing and burning the roots of your plants. 'Smaragd' arborvitae will adapt to growing in a container. Enjoy your balcony garden!

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Lilac"