honeysuckle vine - Knowledgebase Question

Bend, Or
Question by gardengirlj0
I have a honeysuckle that appears healhy, but cannot seem to grow enough to climb for the past 2 yrs---it has been full, blooms--but stays short and runty...it is not in a good spot---when can I transplant it----thanks so much Joyce

0

If your plant is getting adequate sunshine and is in well amended soil, it should grow for you - unless it is a genetic dwarf such as Clavey's Dwarf Honeysuckle. You can move your plant this fall or early next spring. I'd choose a sunny spot and amend the soil with compost or other organic matter so encourage the roots to spread out. The larger the root system, the larger the plant! Since honeysuckles flower on new growth, pruning it in the early spring should encourage lots of new growth - and flowers. Enjoy your garden!

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Purple Crocus in March"