Killing Ground Cover and Ivy - Knowledgebase Question

Northville, Mi
Question by kimh3
I am trying to clear out an area that is full of weeds, ground cover and ivy. What do I use to kill this stuff besides Round Up? Any home remedies?

0

Pulling and hoeing is the least toxic, most effective way to rid the area of vegetation. Covering over the entire area with cardboard, several thicknesses of newspapers or a sheet black plastic can also do a good job of killing the existing plants. This will take a year, though, and some seeds may remain which could sprout as soon as you remove the plastic or cardboard. Or, a vegetation killer such as Round Up or Brush B Gon should rid the area of vegetation; or 2,4-D broadleaf weed killer will do the same - be careful with this product, though, because it can adversely affect trees and shrubs in the area. Good luck with your eradication project!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "NOID Daylily"