Lillys of the vally - Knowledgebase Question

dallas, Te
Question by nancypalmers
I have a area in the back yard under a bushy type tree. When I was little my neighbor had them in a wooded area. When can I plant them and buy them.

0

I love Lily of the Valley! If they are happy in their growing spots they can multiply and become invasive so keep that in mind when you're planting. If you don't mind them spreading in the area, great, but if you want to keep them in a specific corner of the yard you'll want to place a physical barrier to contain the plants and keep them from spreading. Lily of the Valley likes shade and moist, well draining soils. They grow from pips which can be ordered from online catalogs or purchased in the very early spring in garden centers. Sometimes you can find the plants growing in 6" or one-gallon containers in the garden center. I you don't see any in your nursery you might check to see when they will be available locally. Enjoy your new plants!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "African Violet"