Bloodgood Maple - Knowledgebase Question

Stoneham, Ma
Question by serrano9
Purched the tree in May and some of the leaves had brown edges. Was told it was due to a frost that hit in NH. Now at the end of July it still has leaves with brown edges. What should I do? Does it need to be feed?

0

Maples can develop crispy leaf margins from frost, windburn, sunscald, overwatering or fertilizer burn. Since your tree is relatively new I suspect that it is still trying to adjust to its new growing spot. Since the tree developed this year's leaves before you got it, it's possible the tree was in a partially shady spot and the leaves that developed were used to less than full sunshine. This would make them more susceptible to sunscald if you planted it in a fully sunny spot. The leaves it develops next year should be more tolerant of the growing conditions and exposure to sunshine in your landscape.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "NOID Daylily"