Tomato plant problem - Knowledgebase Question

Lebanon, Ma
Avatar for saismois
Question by saismois
I have a tomato plant in a large container on my deck. The leaves started to get spotted so I sprayed them with an Ortho multi purpose spray. The leaves have since turned a weird gray color. The tomatoes continue to grow so I just keep watering daily. What happened to it?

Ortho daconil 2787 multipurpose fungicide contains Chlorothalonil and is registered for use on tomato plants. Even so, the off-color on the leaves might be related to the fungicide application. It sounds to me as though it damaged the leaf surface (or killed a fungus growing on the leaves) which is why the tissues turned a gray color. As long as the plant continues to develop healthy new growth and the fruits are ripening, I don't think there's anything to worry about.

( No account? Join now! )

Today's site banner is by Zoia and is called "New Hampshire October"

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.