green and red peppers - Knowledgebase Question

Shalimar, Fl
Question by ghdrk03
all summer long my green and red peppers have been getting burnt or rotten spots on them. Eventually they rot on the bush. Is ther something I'm doing to cause this problem?
Thank you George

0

If the spots are dry and papery, they are indications of sunscald. The afternoon sunshine is just too intense for the thin skins of your peppers. Try to provide some shelter during the afternoons. A shade cloth will help diffuse the sun's rays. If the spots develop halos, it's an indication of a bacterial soft spot, which can be caused by disease or by insect damage. Fruit worms often enter peppers and feed on the insides, which can cause the fruits to rot on the plant. Try picking off one of the affected fruits, cutting it open and checking for worms. If you find fruit worms you might try dusting or spraying your plants with Dipel or Thuricide. Hope this information helps!

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Geranium maderense"