tomatoes - Knowledgebase Question

Shalimar, Fl
Question by ghdrk03
How long do the plants produce tomatoes? I've been using organics sprays,is there any thing else I can use to give them a boost? Thank you, George As you know I'm a first time gardner

0

Believe it or not, tomato plants can be perennials in frost-free areas and can produce for three or more years. Most gardeners don't keep them growing quite that long, though, because they do tend to develop disease problems. Aside from feeding and watering (use aged manure, fish emulsion or mulch with compost to provide nutrients in an organic way), your tomato plants won't need much else in terms of care. Continue to give them TLC and when your weather cools they will develop flowers and produce fruit for a late fall/early winter harvest. Enjoy your tomatoes!

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Aster and Sedum"