Lemon tree - Knowledgebase Question

Name: Hsingchi Lee
arcadia, Ca
Question by hsingchilee
I had one lemon tree for more than 5 years. Somehow it starts to drop off all leaves since last month. I places some rocks around the base this spring and hope to preserve water for it. Did these rocks kill this tree? Was this tree dead now? What can I do to keep it back to alive?

0

I don't think the rocks had anything to do with the dropping leaves, unless they are so thick they are blocking water from reachng the roots of your lemon tree - or unless they are absorbing heat and radiating it onto the trunk and roots of your tree. As evergreens, lemon trees do drop their oldest leaves from time to time but they generally grow new replacement leaves within a few weeks. I'd just continue to give the tree the same care you gave it before. I hope it responds to your good care with healthy new leaves!

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Daylily & Lantana"