Weeds - Knowledgebase Question

Jacksonville, Fl
Question by kanaka5230
I live in N. Fl. have st. augustine grass, use the high setting to mow. I use scotts weed&feed early April or late March the crabgrass, nutsedge just seem to grow, retreat before temps. get over 90 degrees, so I spot spay with Image concentrated they turn yellow but don't die I want to fertilize this Aug. or Sept. what can I do wihtout digging up the areas effected.

0

You can use a Turfbuilder with Summergard in August. Applied according to label directions it won't burn your lawn, even in the summer months. Crabgrass is most easily controlled with a pre emergent (Scott's with Halts is a good product). Applied in March it should prevent crabgrass from sprouting. Other products safe for St. Augustine include Ortho? Weed-B-Gon Weed Killer for St. Augustine Lawns, or Scotts? Bonus S Weed and Feed for Southern Lawns. Hope this provides some guidance.

Today's site banner is by TsFlowers and is called "Brown Thrasher"