japanese maple tree - Knowledgebase Question

Shepherd, Mi
Question by melanie9m
How do I trim and shape,and do I cut off burlap bag when planting?

0

It would be best for your new trees if you removed the burlap, and any ties or twine around the rootmass and trunk. Be sure to dig a hole large enough for the roots to spread out comfortably. Don't plant too deeply - keep the finished soil grade at the same level on the trunk as the tree was originally planted. After planting, water well to help the soil settle in and eliminate any air pockets around the roots. Following these guidelines will assure your new tree becomes established in its new site as quickly as possible, thus reducing transplanting stress.

It's best to prune your new tree while it is dormant - late winter or early spring just as the leaf buds begin to swell. Completely remove any misplaced branches and shorten others to get the shape you want. Enjoy your Japanese maple!

Today's site banner is by TsFlowers and is called "Brown Thrasher"