Paprika - Knowledgebase Question

Germantown, Wi
Question by caseylalko
I have a couple of Paprika plants growing nicely. The fruit looks like little peppers. How do I use it for cooking ? Should I dry it out ? The stuff I buy in the grocery store is always reddish. The stuff that looks like little peppers on the vine is yellow. I'm confused. Can you help ?

Casey

0

Paprika is a mild pepper and when the fruits are mature they will turn red. They won't all mature at the same time so you'll be able to harvest your peppers over a long period of time. After harvesting you can use the peppers fresh or you can dry them. Air drying is easy; just cut the pepper in half and remove the seeds then set the peppers on a paper towel in a warm, dry place. When the peppers are crispy and try you can either crumble them to make flakes to use in cooking or you can grind the flakes into powder and keep it in small glass containers for use just as you would any other spice. Hope this answers all your questions!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Fringe Tree"