Ivy Geranium - Knowledgebase Question

Troy, Mi
Question by mkill53
Hello I, live in zone 5 I have a hanging basket since this spring bought it at Home Depot ( great place). Recently I've noticed that the leaves are appearing to turn light green instead of the rich deep green leaves that it had. I do water it almost daily based on weather and that it is a hanging basket it gets the sun in the afternoon and evening. Help

0

Sounds like you're giving your plant the care it requires, with the exception of fertilizer. Plants in containers need frequent watering but the more often you water, the more nutrients you flush from the soil. The best way to provide a constant source of nutrients is by feeding every 2-3 weeks with a half strength dilution of water soluable fertilizer. I use Miracle Gro granules and dilute one tablespoon per gallon of water. Use this in place of plain water to water your plant every 2-3 weeks and you should see an improvement in the color of the leaves. Enjoy your garden!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Fringe Tree"