persimons are falling - Knowledgebase Question

sanjose, Ca
Question by nanda_j
Hi, Last year I planted a 10gallon fuyu prsimon tree. The time of buying it has some fruits and ripe well.This is now one year old in my garden.
It has almost 10 fruits this year.But since last week 3 unriped persimon had fall down. Could you please help me to know what I did wrong.
Thanks

0

There may not be anything wrong with your tree. Persimmons do not set and hold fruit well when they are young. Stresses from droughty soil or soggy soil conditions, excessive fertilization, a heavy fruit load, or shady conditions can all result in fruit drop. Or the plant might just be going through a natural thinning process because it is not capable of developing all the fruits it set. As long as the tree looks healthy and is putting out new growth I'm sure it is fine. As the tree matures it will be able to hold and mature more and more fruits each year. Just continue to provide good care and eventually you will be rewarded with lots and lots of persimmons. Enjoy!

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Aster and Sedum"