No fruit - Knowledgebase Question

Picayune, Mi
Question by pamvado
Why aren't my tomatoes producing any fruit. I got 3 cherry tomatoes off one plant and nothing off the other.

0

Sounds like you've done and are doing everything right so I understand your frustration when the plants fail to produce. A couple possibilities come to mind: Tomato pollen isn't viable when temperatures are much over 90 degrees, so fruits won't set. The good news is that once a plant begins to set fruit, others usually follow. So at this point it's a bit of a waiting game. Another possibility is that the flowers aren't being pollinated. There aren't as many pollinators around as in past years. Try gently tapping and shaking your plants in the early morning to see if you can get the pollen to move to the female parts of the flowers so some fruit to set. Good luck with your tomatoes!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "African Violet"