Moles eating plants - Knowledgebase Question

Coudersport, PA
Question by bcpowers
What can I do to get the moles out of my yard? They are eating my bulbs and they ate my bleeding heart bush.

0

If you decide to use traps, you can either live trap (and release the pests far away from any neighbor!) or use a lethal trap -- scissors-type traps work most efficiently. Dig the soil out of a small section of the main run and place the trap across the tunnel. Carefully cover with sod or soil to exclude any light and then just wait. If you've placed your trap in an active main run, you'll catch a mole. Continue to set the trap until you don't catch any more moles.

In the meantime, take solace in the fact that you've got really great soil!

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Aster"