Few Vegatables - Knowledgebase Question

Melrose Park, Il
Question by dmar1212
I live in Northern Illinois and we have gotten a lot of rain lately.I have 3 cucumber, 1 red bell pepper and 6 tomato plants. All the plants are growing like crazy but I am seeing very little vegtables. I have 2 cucumbers that are about 1 foot long but not green,1 bell pepper and a few tomatoes. What could be the problem?

0

Excess rain and cool temperatures could account for the miserable crop; lack of sufficient sunshine can keep veggies from flowering and producing fruit. Too much fertilizer can result in lots of lush, green growth but at the expense of flowering and fruit set. I wish I had a concrete answer for you but I suspect that the problems are weather related. Just be patient - your plants may set a bumper crop once they are happy with the temperatures and sunshine. Hope it's soon!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "From Bud to Bloom"