store bought beans - Knowledgebase Question

Pleasantville, Ne
Question by kjrh1
I have planted some beans from beans dry beans bought in a store. Could I get more information about planting various dry beans and their use in the garden? Thank you

0

Dried beans you purchase at the store may not germinate due to age, storage conditions, and/or processing practices (they may have been treated with a chemical to retard sprouting). However, they're a cheap source of beans and as long as you know the germination rate is not guaranteed, you can have fun with them. In general, beans should be planted about a half inch deep (or twice as deep as they are wide). They need lots of sunshine, loose well draining soils and deep watering once or twice a week. Depending upon the types of beans you are planting, most will take 75-90 days to fully mature and dry on the vine.

Best wishes with your bean planting.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "NOID Daylily"