Asiatic Lily - leaves turning yellow - Knowledgebase Question

Redmond, Wa
Question by sheetalkamat
Hi
I got this a few weeks back. The buds bloomed. The flowers didn't last for very long. Since all the flowers wilted I cut them.
The pot is on patio where it gets abundance of light. But I noticed that since last week the leaves are turning yellow. Is there anything that I might be doing wrong. Should I move the plant indoor?
I am watering it only when the upper surface is dry.at bl

0

It sounds as though the lily is going into dormancy. It's a little early in the season for this to happen, but yours might be a little stressed because it is in a container. I'd allow it to die down on its own. When the stalk is dead you can dig the bulb, remove the dead stalk and plant the bulb out in your garden. Choose a sunny spot with well draining soil. It should sprout for you next spring and flower in the summer. Enjoy!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "From Bud to Bloom"