how long to maturity - Knowledgebase Question

glenwood, Il
Question by stephcedtoo
I just bought a compact dwarf burning bush at about a 1 1/2 feet tall. How long before it gets to a gets to a considerable height like 4 or 5 feet? If I plant in in zone 5 in the early fall will it grow noticably by spring?

0

When the mature height and width of a plant is given, it usually means you can expect it to reach maturity in 10 years. A dwarf burning bush is considered a slow grower which equates to only about 3-4 inches per year. Under optimal growing conditions it might put out 6 inches of new growth per year. Shrubs can take several months to settle in after planting so if you plant in the fall, new growth will begin in the spring. Don't expect it to grow considerably its first year in the ground, but do expect to see a few inches of new growth next spring. Best wishes with your new shrub.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "NOID Daylily"