How should I revive my baby Japanese Maple trees? - Knowledgebase Question

Orlando, Fl
Question by jstandfast
I have 6 japanese maple trees with all dried up leaves. They still have green inside their trunks, and some of the leaves are still vibrant green and red, but they are crumbly. Should I pluck them off? How much watering should I be doing? I have them inside with indoor potting soil, should they be outside? It has been a week, how long should I wait for growth to occur? Thanks.

0

Your Japanese maples should be outdoors in a partially shady spot (morning sun and afternoon shade). Since they are in containers you'll need to water often enough to keep the soil moist but not soggy wet. I'd pick off the unhealthy looking leaves, take them outdoors and place them in the shade, then water when the top of the soil dries out. I hope you'll see an improvement within the next 2-3 weeks. Good luck with your maples!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Camellia bud"