Shrub roses leaning - Knowledgebase Question

Lugoff, So
Question by myrtlejames
I planted 16 double knockout rose bushes this past spring along my driveway. They are blooming like crazy and growing taller but now the tops of the plants are starting to lean noticeably to the left. The driveway is on the eastern side of the house so they get morning sun. I planted them about 2 feet apart for a mass planting look or hedge look. Will this correct itself as they keep growing?

0

Sounds like they are leaning towards the sun! If they are not getting all day sunshine they will lean towards the light. You might try pruning them on the leeward side to help them fill out a bit. If they continue to reach for the sun you might want to consider moving them to a sunnier spot. Best wishes with your plants.

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Gizmo the Gremlin"