fruit berries - Knowledgebase Question

ST. PETERS, Mi
Question by jstreet766
what are the largest varieties of blueberries for zone 5...advice on raspberries i bought $75 off...look bad (beetles and dead branches and strawberies in topsy turvey...worth plants runners now.wwant large batch and not much money...best compost...start now? thanks so much...I sign so many people to this site...you might start rmembering me...I am also going to aggressively pursue gardening clin

0

If you are serious about gardening, Michigan State University has terrific publications on all kinds of fruits and vegetables. Over 20 different kinds of blueberries are grown in your area so you have lots to choose from. Here's a publication on growing blueberries: http://web1.msue.msu.edu/fruit...

Raspberries should be planted now and pruned in the fall. Take off any damaged or dead canes and allow new canes to grow in the spring. After you harvest the berries, cut the canes down. New canes will form next spring.

Enjoy your garden!

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Blue My Mind"