Yellow Blueberry branches - Knowledgebase Question

Rensselaer, In
Question by rakowskicla
I have 4 Tophat Blueberry bushes that have yellow branches since they started blooming and setting fruit. Is that the way they're supposed to look? I have them sitting up off the cement patio, might this be the problem. I put them there so rabbit wouldn't eat them.

0

Yellowing stems are not normal, but as long as the leaves and berries are healthy, it may simply be an environmental or cultural problem. It's really difficult to diagnose a plant problem without seeing it so you may want to take a sample to your local cooperative extension office for positive identification. helpful folks there can look at the stems under a microscope and determine whether or not there is a real problem. Good luck with your blueberries~

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "From Bud to Bloom"