Yellow Blueberry branches - Knowledgebase Question

Rensselaer, In
Avatar for rakowskicla
Question by rakowskicla
I have 4 Tophat Blueberry bushes that have yellow branches since they started blooming and setting fruit. Is that the way they're supposed to look? I have them sitting up off the cement patio, might this be the problem. I put them there so rabbit wouldn't eat them.

Yellowing stems are not normal, but as long as the leaves and berries are healthy, it may simply be an environmental or cultural problem. It's really difficult to diagnose a plant problem without seeing it so you may want to take a sample to your local cooperative extension office for positive identification. helpful folks there can look at the stems under a microscope and determine whether or not there is a real problem. Good luck with your blueberries~

( No account? Join now! )

Today's site banner is by Zoia and is called "Ipswich Bounty"

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.