fallen yucca - Knowledgebase Question

Sarasota, Fl
Question by justmebarbie
I planted 2 yucca's here in Sarasota,FL which grew approx. 12', bloomed then fell over. The trunk seemed as if it crumbled away from the root without any indication of rot or infestation. I threw the fallen trunk into the woods and still a year later the fronds are green and they appear to still be growing. Can I cut off the green fronds and replant them? Is this the life cycle of the plant?

0

When the flowers are spent, the entire flowering stalk is cut from the plant and teh plant will continue to grow. You cannot cut blades from the plant and stick them into the ground, but you can remove any little baby plants you find at the base of the plant. Allow them to grow their own root systems and then cut them away from the parent plant. Hope this answers your question.

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Aster and Sedum"