wasps are eating my plants - Knowledgebase Question

stafford, Te
Question by malatiu
Hi
wasps are destroying my rose plants, destroying almost every leaf on the plant. Please help me to save my plants. In the beginning I thought bees are the culprits, but I noticed long big type of flies with 1.5 inches body and it is in dark yellow color body.

Thanks

malathi

0

It sounds more like bald faced hornets than wasps feeding on the leaves of your roses. There's really no control for either of them. There's a nest nearby so scout in trees, under eaves, etc. to see if you can find them. Or, if they are ground nesting hornets, there may be an entrance/exit hole in your yard. You'll need to find the nest before you can control them. Or, you may opt to do nothing at all. Your roses will recover from the attack and will develop healthy new leaves later in the season. Best wishes with your landscape.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Camellia bud"