Type of Tree - Knowledgebase Question

Fairfax, Vi
Question by wplandry14
Something started growing in one of my perennial's pots. I removed it and placed it in its own pot. It is growing rapidly and appears to be a type of tree. The stalk and the stems of the leaves are green with some reddish tones. The leaves are similar to a maple, but are not quite as pointed and don't have that distinct 3 pointed appearance, but 3 subtle points. Is there a way to submit a photo?

0

We can't accept photo attachments via this Q and A forum but if you can post a picture on a photo hosting website such as Flickr and send us a link to the picture we can access it and help identify your volunteer plant. You might look around your neighborhood for similar plants - sometimes birds plant seeds for us and we never know what treasures we will find! I hope you'll post the picture and then send us a link.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Camellia bud"