growing strawberries in pot - Knowledgebase Question

Highland Lakes, Ne
Question by stevesdale
I am growing strawberries in a pot-they had lots of small flowers and now have about 5 trailing vines.But all the leaves are turning brown-what should I do?I dont have berries yet!

0

If the leaves and the flowers were all turning brown, I'd suspect a water stress issue. But since your plant has flowers, but the leaves are turning brown there may be an issue with a fungal disease. It's really difficult to diagnose a problem without actually seeing the plant so you'll need to do the detective work yourself. Look for spots on the leaves and discoloration near the crown of the plant. If you find none, the browing leaves may be due to a sunburn or reflected heat problem. Wish I could positively diagnose the problem for you. Make sure your plant is getting adequate water and is not sitting in a place that might be receiving excessive heat, reflected heat or dessicating winds. I hope the flowers turn into berries for you!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "From Bud to Bloom"