Terrible Tarragon - Knowledgebase Question

burlington, No
Question by wallaceandi
I keep getting these little white furry bugs on my tarragon and it is killing it. I have used eco inscetical spray but it is killin the tarragon as well. What should I do?

0

Sounds like mealybugs and they are difficult to control. Try a neem oil based insecticide such as Bonide? Bon-Neem? Insecticidal Soap. Insecticidal soaps can be phytotoxic (burn the leaves) so shade your plant from hot afternoon sunshine for a few days after applying, or rinse it off with plain water 5-10 minutes after application. The oil should still suffocate the mealybugs even if you rinse it off 5-10 minutes after application. Even though the bugs will be dead, they will still be on the plant until you pick them off or they fall off on their own so be careful not to overapply, thinking you have a new population of mealybugs. Good luck with your tarragon.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Fringe Tree"