Hydrangeas - Knowledgebase Question

the colony, Te
Question by eclectic5353
I bought a hydrangea plant 7 or 8 weeks ago and planted it right away. Since that time half the leaves have dropped off and the few remaining are wilted, but green and small like new growth. How often should I be watering this plant? Is it a casualty? I live in zone 7.

0

Landscape trees and shrubs can go through a stressful adjustment period after planting, especially if they are planted during the hot summer months. Wilting, dropping leaves are the plant's way of showing distress but it is usually a temporary situation and once the roots establish themselves in their new home, the plant should perk up. Hydrangeas grow best in rich, moist, well draining soils and prefer morning sun but shade from hot afternoon sunshine. They should be watered once a week during the spring and fall months; twice a week during the hot summer months. As long as your hydrangea is getting watered regularly, it should perk up when the weather cools down. Best wishes with your landscape.

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Blue My Mind"