I need HELP!!!!! - Knowledgebase Question

tucson, Ar
Question by jainor9731
HI, a few month ago I was asking for you to help me to cure my CHILTEPIN!! Plants, I was doing what you told me to do but didn't work,I went to one of your store and somebody told me to use Blossom End Rot Spray ( Concetrate) and didn't work either and still DYING!!can you please help me, still peelling itself!! can I send you some photos? Thank you for your help!!!!
Real Worry:
Jaime

0

I'm not quite sure what's going on with your plant or what the original problem might have been. Blossom End Rot Spray is a source of calcium that helps open flowers set fruit and protects the fruits from a rot that turns the bottom end (blossom end) black. Blossom end rot is a physiological condition caused by a lack of calcium at the growing tip of the fruit. While your soil may have adequate calcium, fluctuations in soil moisture content from dry to wet really increase the incidence of blossom end rot. It is especially bad on the early fruit each summer and in sandy soils. The damage occurs as cells die at the tip of the fruit. In time (and as the fruit grows) the spots enlarge and turn black. So, by the time you see it, the damage actually has already occurred some time back. Remedies include: having a soil test to make sure calcium levels are adequate, adding organic matter to a sandy soil to increase its moisture holding capacity, keeping plants evenly moist, especially during the development of the first fruits (mulch helps maintain soil moisture), and spraying plants with a Blossom End Rot spray which contains calcium. But this product won't cure diseases if that's what's going on with your Chiltepin plant. It only helps the peppers from developing blossom end rot. If your plant is peeling, it sounds more like a disease of some sort. If the peppers are peeling, it's probably the result of sunscald. You can provide some afternoon shade for your plant if this is the case.

We cannot accept photo attachments through this forum but if you can take photos of your plant and post them on a website such as Flickr or Shutterfly, then send us a link to the photos, we can access them and try to diagnose the problem. Good luck with your Chiltepin.

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Lilac"