Tomatoe platns dieing - Knowledgebase Question

ogden, Ut
Question by duder311
Hi, i have planted some tomato plants and they were growing just fine without a problem, and just now i noticed they are starting to die from the bottoms up. could i be over watering? or could it be the way i am watering them? cause i just set me hose down and flood them and all my pepper plants out and i don't know if the flowing water is killing the roots or not please help me. THANK YOU Colton

0

I don't think the way you water your plants is hurting them at all. Yellowing leaves on tomato plants can be caused by a variety of things. Tomato plants will often shed the lowest, oldest leaves as the plant grows. You can simply pull or clip these leaves off. In general, tomatoes like rich, moist soil that has plenty of organic matter and drains well. Tomatoes need nitrogen for green healthy leaves. Try fish emulsion for an organic source of nitrogen or use a balanced fertilizer, e.g., 10-10-10. Follow package instructions for application rates. Water well before and after applying. Tomatoes are moisture sensitive and need a regular supply of water to thrive and produce fruit. How often to water depends on your particular soil's characteristics. You want to keep it uniformly moist, but not soaking wet, to a depth of 12-18 inches. I hope this information helps with your tomatoes!

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Gizmo the Gremlin"