Outdoor Container Plant Suggestion - Knowledgebase Question

Granbury, Te
Question by Lmenzie12
I need plant suggestions. I want something like a Sago Palm for two large Mexican Clay pots (about 5 gal. size), but no flowers (no bees/wasps wanted), and not poisonous like the Sago Palm is. Maybe some sort of palm?

0

Phoenix roebelenii "Pygmy Date Palm" is a small feather palm with a slender trunk that can grow to about 10 feet in height. Phoenix roebelenii are hardy to around 24?F for a short time, many here in the Corpus Christi area, have survived temperatures to 21.5?F (-6.5?C) for a very short time (without frost) and only suffered some minor leaf damage. They like lots of water and fertilizer during the hot months, and by giving palms a little extra nitrogen during the growing season, keeps them looking their best. Can be grown in shade to full sun and make wonderful planter palms for indoors or on the deck during the warmer months. If planting them out, choose a site that is well protected, either next to a wall, building or house (south side preferred) or under a large tree. These palms are not considered toxic or poisonous. If flowering begins, simply prune off the flower stalk before the flowers open.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "NOID Daylily"