baby jane magnolia - Knowledgebase Question

saint paul, Mi
Question by lkosor
having thought this was a tree,by the tag,I am fine with it being a bush. I have a sick baby, it has sm grey dots on all the branches along with yellowing and browning of the leaves, we have had to cut off some branches, now finally some 1st buds some sm,deformed and some lg/ with the color but are not opening and are ready to fall off, can you help

0

Jane is a Little Girl hybrid with spring flowers of reddish-purple with white inside, which makes a magnificent display. It is a slow grower but can actually attain heights of about 10-15' tall and wide. Yours may grow to 10' in about 10 years. It grows best in full morning sun and partially shaded afternoons and prefers rich, moist, and well-drained soils. The gray dots on the leaves indicate a fungal disease; the yellowing leaves can also indicate a fungal disease or they might be the result of water stress. I'd use a systemic fungicide such as Green Light to help control the disease. You won's see improvement in the affected leaves but you will see an improvement in the new leaves as they develop. Be sure to rake away the fallen leaves to keep the fungal spores from splashing up onto the tree. Water your tree deeply once or twice a week all summer long to help it go into the winter months as healthy as possible. Next spring it should flower nicely for you. Enjoy!

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Blanket Flower Amber Wheels"