tomoes won't produce - Knowledgebase Question

panama city, Fl
Question by saquick60
my tom plants look good the flowers bloom great but no tomatoes i have 7 plants 4 in standing pots and 3 in hanging pots and none of them will produce what can i do this late in the season?

0

I understand your frustration when the plants fail to produce. A couple of possibilities come to mind: Tomato pollen isn't viable when temperatures are much over 90 degrees, so fruits won't set. The good news is that once a plant begins to set fruit, others usually follow. So at this point it's a bit of a waiting game. Another possibility is that the flowers aren't being pollinated. There aren't as many pollinators around as in past years. Try gently tapping and shaking your plants in the early morning to see if you can get the pollen to move to the female parts of the flowers so some fruit to set. Good luck with your tomatoes!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "NOID Daylily"