Exterminator - Knowledgebase Question

Phoenix, Ar
Question by dianamichael
Does professional exterminating, where the lawn is sprayed, cause the grass to either burn or die? I have had an exterminator spray my backyard, and I have patches of areas in the grass that suddenly become bare causing me to reseed. The problem never occurred before as this is the first year I have used a professional exterminator. I have a problem with scorpions which is why the bug man. Thx

0

In Arizona, pesticides registered for scorpion control include the following:
permethrin (Prelude?, Dragnet?), cyfluthrin (Tempo?), cypermethrin (Demon?), lambdacyhalothrin (Demand CS?), and deltamethrin (Suspend?). Most of these are restricted use pesticides (available only to professional exterminators) and most will not harm turfgrass - unless the product is overly concentrated or mixed with a spreader/sticker (usually an oil). I'd call the company and ask exactly what the product was and how it was diluted. If you explain that your lawn is dying, they may be able to tell you whether it's a common or unusual reaction to the pesticide.

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Daylily & Lantana"