35 DAYS OVER 90 DECREES - Knowledgebase Question

Sparks, Ne
Question by LBMCS
Another option is to drape 50% shade cloth over the plants and the deck to keep it cooler. Good luck!
I wrote a few days ago about a my mama mia tomato plant that was not doing well. I live in Reno, nevada and we just tied a record for continuous 90
+ degree days. My garden is showing heat problems. I read about the shade cloth. What percentage does it come in? What brand name is sold under

0

The least expensive way to go is to use spun polyester row cover (Reemay is one brand). It's good for several seasons and can be cut to whatever sizes you'd like. Just drive a few stakes into the garden and staple or nail the row cover fabric to the stakes as a temporary cover for your plants. Regular shade cloth is sold by the yard (ask the garden center staff to show you what they have in stock). You can compare them side by side to decide which will offer the amount of shade your plants need. The good news is that the summer is almost over and temperatures will drop in a few weeks!

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Blue My Mind"