curling leaves - Knowledgebase Question

grosse pointe park, Mi
Question by marybclaus
Yes we have had extreme heat- all new plants, still in pots waiting for beds to be tilled- 1 of 6 grapevines have new growth leaves curled. Now further away new growth rose, lilac, viburnum also have new leaf curling- Is this a bug or diseasse?

0

Sounds like heat stress rather than insects or diseases. Plants in containers can overheat during the hottest summer months, especially if the containers get direct sunshine. I'd keep the plants well watered and shade the pots from direct sun but keep the tops in the sunshine. The sooner you can get the planted, the better off they will be. This fall will be a good time to transplant them into the ground. They can spend the rest of the fall and the early spring months establishing their roots and by next spring they should be healthy and happy. Best wishes with your plants!

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Blue My Mind"