Bayberry - Knowledgebase Question

Long Beach Township, Ne
Question by zaleski11
Bayberry dying on Long Beach TWP NJ any kind of spray to help they may be 20 years old

0

The Northern Bayberry (Pensylvanica) is generally described as a perennial tree or shrub. It is native to the U.S. (United States) has its most active growth period in the spring. The greatest bloom is usually observed in the late spring, with fruit and seed production starting in the summer and continuing until fall. Leaves are not retained year to year. The Northern Bayberry (Pensylvanica) has a long life span relative to most other plant species and a slow growth rate. At maturity, the typical Northern Bayberry (Pensylvanica) will reach a maximum height of 9 feet at 20 years of age. At twenty years of age the plant begins to die out because it has reached the end of its lifecycle. I'm afraid your bayberry falls into that category and I don't know that there's anything you can do to revive your plant. Wish I had better news for you.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Fringe Tree"