weeds and flowers - Knowledgebase Question

westerly, Rh
Question by c110851
I do alot of container gardening and have lots of weeds are are tough to keep pulling out. Do you have a chemical out there that I can apply without damaging the flowers and will kill the weeds?

0

There is a product called Over The Top by Fertilome that can be used in flower beds to take care of weeds. It may work for the weeds in your containers, too, as long as you do not apply more than is recommended on the Fertilome label. A second approach is to hand pull the weeds and then apply a corn gluten meal based pre emergent herbicide to keep weed seeds from sprouting. There are lots of products on the market - Preen, Manage, Barricade, etc. Be sure to apply according to label directions. Best wishes with your garden.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Fringe Tree"