weeds - Knowledgebase Question

country club hills, Il
Question by kymkdd
I have very tall weeds growing in my front lawn with

0

Broadleaf weeds are much easier to control in lawns than grassy weeds. As a result, selective chemical control is not an option with most perennial grass species. Unlike selective herbicides used on annual grasses (e.g., crabgrass), nonselective herbicides used to control perennial weed grasses may also damage the lawn. At this point, a nonselective herbicide, such as glyphosate, can be used to spot treat the weed patches. After the weeds and whatever portions of lawn are hit with the spray and die, you can reseed your lawn. Treating in mid-August is generally thought of as the best time eradicate weeds because late August into early September is the most favorable time for reseeding. Best wishes with your lawn.

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Mixed Coleus"