Green Peppers and Chilli Peppers - Knowledgebase Question

Nashua, Ne
Question by rawaljaslee
i am from Nashua, NH. I have a healthy vegetable garden but bell peppers & hot chili peppers are not bearing any flowers or fruit. They get full sun, I water them regularly & they r also bug free. What can I do to get them to produce fruit?

0

Peppers love warm weather, especially hot days and warm nights. It might be that you are growing the wrong varieties for your gardening region. For instance, some peppers require 100 days of hot weather before they will grow mature enough to develop fruit. If your plants are healthy looking they are probably just waiting for a few more months of hot weather to help them mature. If you do not get any peppers this season and you want to try again next year, choose short season varieties of peppers; the kinds that mature in 45-60 days. Good luck with your veggies!

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Purple Crocus in March"