colorado blue spruce - Knowledgebase Question

memphis, In
Question by stephenlay
i sent an email a few mins ago, but not sure it went through, but i bought a colorado blue spruce this past spring from home depot, and it had about a foot of new growth this year until about 2 weeks ago, all of a sudden the needles are turning brown, dont know what to do?

0

Browning needles could indicate water stress or might be a sign of an insect called the spruce needle miner. If insects are present you'll see a tiny hole in each affected needle. Carefully inspect the needles with a magnifying glass. If you see no holes in the leaves, the browning is probably caused by insufficient water. To keep your spruce healthy, water deeply once each week during the growing season. The easiest way to do this is to make a watering well or water basin beneath each tree. Fill the basin with water, allow to drain, then fill it a second time. This method of watering concentrates the moisture directly over the rootmass and allows it to trickle down and wet the entire rootmass. Best wishes with your spruce - I hope it recovers soon!

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Blue My Mind"