Husky Cherry Red Tomato Plant - Knowledgebase Question

Weston, Co
Question by zhc211
I bought a tomato plant about a month ago and have kept it in the container that it came in, but was unsure if I should move the plant into a bigger pot.

I also see that the leaves are a bit yellow and dried out. Could this be because of overwatering? Not watering enough? The container it is in?

Thank you.

0

I don't know how large the container is so I don't know if it is large enough for a mature cherry tomato plant. A Husky Red Cherry tomato plant can grow about 4' tall so it should be planted in at least a 3-gallon container. If yours is in a smaller container, transplant it into something at least 3-gallon size. It's normal for the older, lower leaves to turn yellow. You can simply prune these off. As long as the rest of the plant has healthy green leaves, it's nothing to worry about. If all the leaves are yellowing, overwatering is the probable cause - or a need for nitrogen. Why not transplant your tomato plant into a larger container and then feed it with a half strength dilution of a water soluable fertilizer. Water thoroughly, then allow the top half inch of soil to dry out before watering again. Hope your plant perks up soon.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Camellia bud"