encore azaleas - Knowledgebase Question

Destin, Fl
Question by jcheerfulsun
I bought several encore azaleas in April. I live in Destin,Fl. The shrubs bloomed beautifully until about June when it became very hot. Is that why there haven't been any blooms this summer? Should they be fertilized with something like miracle grow? Thanks

0

Your Encore Azaleas are just resting after their floral display and as soon as they're ready, they'll bloom again. The hot weather will also retard flowering so you may have to wait a little longer for them to bloom again. You can feed your azaleas if you haven't fed them all summer. Miracle Gro or Miracid are good fertilizers, or you can purchase a specially formulated Rhododendron/Azalea fertilizer and apply in amounts as recommended on the label. Enjoy your garden!

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Gizmo the Gremlin"