curly leaf cacti - Knowledgebase Question

Whittier, Ca
Question by nitahenrilee
I have a curly leaf cacti but I don't know the name. When I bought it the color was light green and pink. Now it is turning dark pink. The center is still green & pink. Am I not watering it enough? Or too much water? Any help is appreciated.Thank you.

0

I can't tell from your description whether you are growing a cactus or a succulent such as a Christmas Cactus. It's not really a cactus but has similar growing requirements. The difference is that it has smooth leaves and no spines. Either way, exposure to too much shade can cause the leaves to turn a darker green. It can get along with very little water: just water thoroughly and then allow the soil to dry out before watering again. If you can find the name of the plant and submit another question we can provide more guidelines for best growth.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "African Violet"