Coconut Palm - Knowledgebase Question

Greenacres, Fl
Question by lloyd_gordon
I planted a palm coconut tree on my lot in Greenacres, Florida about six years ago. It has been growing very well until recently. The leaves are turning brown at an alarming rate, and it looks like the tree will die very shortly. Is there ant thing I can do to save it? I also have a Royal Palm tree that was planted about four years ago, and I am experiencing similar problems with it. What can I do

0

Your palm tree may be suffering from a root related stress such as loss of roots, lack of water, soggy wet conditions, or even some type of chemical injury such as might be caused by a lawn weed control product. I suggest that you take a frond sample from the plant along with a photo of the plant in its growing location (if possible) to your County Extension Office to see if they can help diagnose the problem and recommend an appropriate course of action. Their contact info is: County of Palm Beach: County Cooperative Extension Service, 531 North Military Trail, West Palm Beach - (561) 233-1700. Best wishes with your palms.

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Dahlia & Water Hyacinth"