yellow leaves on mandevilla - Knowledgebase Question

Griffin, Ge
Question by nancymobley2
I have two mandevillas in large pots on my deck. Recently their leaves have been turning yellow. I try to stick to my county's outdoor watering restrictions of TUES, THURS & SUN. Do they need to be watered more or fed more (I've been feeding once a month)?

0

While heat stress can cause yellowing leaves on mandevilla, too much water can do the same thing. Before watering, stick your finger down into the soil. If it is still moist an inch below the surface, it won't need water for another day or two. If it feels dry, it's time to water. Plants in containers can dry out quickly so be sure to check on a daily basis until you get a feel for how often you'll need to water during the hottest months of the year. You can feed your plants with a half strength dilution of a water soluable fertilizer. I use Miracle Gro or Peter's and feed half strength every 2-3 weeks during the growing season. Best wishes with your mandevilla!

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Blanket Flower Amber Wheels"