rose bush - Knowledgebase Question

Oakdale, Pe
Question by maureendunn5
I want to buy a neighbor a rose bush to plant in her yard in memory of her mother who just passed away. What do you suggest?

0

I'd choose one of the hardy roses, either a shrub rose or a hybrid tea, in one of the colors your neighbor likes and (in my opinion) one that is fragrant. There are lots of roses from which to choose. Some of my favorites include:
Double Delight, Hybrid Tea, red blend, 4-5 ft., very fragrant; Mister Lincoln, Hybrid Tea, dark red, 5-7 ft., very fragrant; Chrysler Imperial, Hybrid Tea, dark red, 4-5 ft., very fragrant; Fragrant Cloud, Hybrid Tea, orange red, 4-5 ft., very fragrant; Frederic Mistral, Hybrid Tea, light pink, 4-6 ft., very fragrant; Queen Elizabeth, Grandiflora, medium pink, 5-7 ft., fragrant. Hope these suggestions are helpful.

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Blanket Flower Amber Wheels"